Tubby's Diner - Wow, Tubby's Got It Going On!


Tubby's Diner
2204 West College Street
Springfield, MO

So, me and my Pops were cruising around one afternoon to try and find somewhere new to eat lunch when we happened upon Tubby's Diner.

I'll have to admit, at first I thought we might have made a mistake. Tubby's is in this little converted building along the old Route 66. The inside might need a little decor upgrade. But then again, there's something to be said for the homey atmosphere.

We got a steak n cheese and fries and also nachos and split everything. Man, I was surprised how good the food was. The prices weren't bad either. The steak n cheese and the fries were especially impressive. Wow!

One thing that annoys me a little bit about this place is it's only open until 4 pm. Hopefully that'll change someday. This place is just too good only to be open half the day. I'd love to take my girlfriend there but she doesn't get out of work until 4-5.

I encourage anyone out there that likes GOOD food at decent prices to patronize Tubby's Diner. As one of the few really good places in Springfield, we need to keep it alive and well. If you feel so inclined, after you've tried Tubby's Diner, you should definitely "like" them on Facebook. The owner told me and my Pop that they have lots of spur of the moment specials that you can only find out about if you're connected with them on Facebook. It's definitely worth it! 

Good Food In Springfield, MO (It Could Happen)
Let's Definitely Do Again!

1 comment:

  1. I added Tubby's to my local endorsed firms blog. I had an excellent breakfast there recently. The blog has their new hours posted. I recommend that folks give the place a try:

    http://angryamericanoldcoot.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/tubbys-diner-springfield-missouri/

    ReplyDelete