El Charro - El Long Wait For No Taste-O


El Charro
Located at 2629 North Kansas Expy
Around 9pm, Saturday, June 4, 2011

Right away, it seemed like the restaurant was understaffed, since it took them about 5 minutes to merely sit us. However, we hadn't even begun to learn the meaning of waiting. When we were finally seated, we were given menus and chips and salsa. When I opened my menu, I was surprised to find gobs of salsa plastered to the inside of the menu, making it somewhat difficult to read the middle panel of the menu. The chips and salsa were above average, and no cilantro, good, because I hate cilantro! From the time we were seated until the time the waitress acknowledged us for the first time, at least 15 minutes passed! During the long wait, we toyed with the idea of walking out. Further along, during the wait, I noticed everybody’s glasses at the tables around us were empty and none of their food had come yet. My girlfriend was particularly annoyed, since the waitress took 5 more minutes to bring us our drinks, after we'd been eating chips and salsa, which were somewhat spicy. My girlfriend said, “I need to hydrate,” which made me think she was a robot.

Once we got our food, I was somewhat alarmed by the small portions. My girlfriend had ordered the chimichanga, around 7.99, which included a large plate with a lonely 2x4 inch chimichanga in the center, rice & beans on the side, and guacamole, sour cream, and a slice of tomato on the other side. I ordered one of the combination specials at 6.99. As we started to eat, I noticed the flavor was somewhat lacking. Then, I asked my girlfriend what she thought and she said the exact same thing- no flavor. At some point, my girlfriend and I exchanged portions of our food, confirming the lacking flavor. To make matters worse, neither one of us could identify the meat in my girlfriend’s chimichanga with any real confidence.

Good Food In Springfield, MO (It Could Happen)
Let's Only Do Again If We Have To

No comments:

Post a Comment