Maria's - Surprise Suprise! You just got ripped off!

 
Maria's Mexican Restaurant in Downtown Springfield

I went to Maria's with my gf and aunt and it basically sucked. Yeah, the food was okay. But the hostesses didn't seem to know what hostess means. They weren't inviting or welcoming in any way. Then the waiter wasn't much better. He got my gf a refill but I had to ask for one. He seemed annoyed. I ordered the Sergio but instead of shredded beef, I wanted ground beef. After a short wait, the food arrived and I was shocked to see how small the portions were, considering this was nearly a 10 dollar dish. I was unpleasantly surprised when my sergio cost more than my gf's who got an "ultimate" sergio (I can't remember if it was called ultimate or some silly thing). I asked the waiter how this could be and he said it cost extra to substitute the shredded beef for ground beef. I asked, "It cost extra for a cheaper meat?" He said, "Yes", again somewhat annoyed. I said I would have liked to know that but at this point, it was obvious he didn't care. As we left, the hostesses just talked to each other instead of telling us, "Thanks for coming," or anything like that. Ridiculous. Food was good but portions were comical. Service was serviceable but completely dead fish friendly. Won't be back.

And oh, to the rest of Springfield, as a warning, the next time a waiter/waitress doesn't tell me something cost more to change or whatever, it's coming directly out of your tip! I'm sick of this.

Good Food In Springfield, MO (It Could Happen)
Let's Do Again Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment